Adopting a Baby
Baby is a bundle of joy Every child deserves a family Baby is a miracle of life

Join Our Mailing List

be informed of our activities



Baby Adoption


International Programs

Help an orphan

Abortion Alternatives

Adoption Vs Abortion

Teen Pregnancy

Crisis Pregnancy

Adopt a foreign baby

Foreign Baby AdoptionInternational adoption by Local Citizen

Adopting a foreign baby requires a notarized letter of consent from the biological parents, the ability to bring the child out legally from the country and the fullfilment of documentations required for approval by the court. Malaysia and Indonesia are two countries where most of the foreign babies are adopted.

Adopting a child from a foreign country usually takes between 6 months to a year and involves the preparation of the Home Study Report (HSR), identifying a child for adoption, application for Dependent Pass and Passport to bring the child to Singapore, a petition to the Family Court for adoption and the issuance of the child's Birth Certificate.

You do not need to travel to the foreign country for the child adoption as many country, like China, Malaysia and Indonesia do not need your presence to process the court documents. However, you are strongly advised to meet the child as once adopted, the child is yours forever.

International adoption by expatriates

If you are an expatriate wanting to adopt a baby from another country, you need to find out from your Embassy on which countries you can adopt a child and how you could get the citizenship for the child.

You would need to appy for the Home Study Report (HSR) and engage the service of an adoption agency like the Lovely Baby and Child Adoption Services.

At Lovely Baby and Child Adoption Services, we could help you to complete the paperwork in the child's country, apply for a Dependent's Pass, bring the child to Singapore, contact the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and do medical check-up for the child.

We will engage a lawyer to petition to the Singapore Family Court on your behalf and do up all the required paper works. When the application is approved, you will receive a letter to collect the new birth certificate of your adopted child and you could then apply for citizenship for the child through your Embassy.


Contact us now for a free informational meeting to know how we could help you to adopt a child from a foreign country.